Read Time:3 Minute, 37 Second
I’m looking at replacing my Chicago electric 12” miter saw because the safety guard broke off. Normally I’m not a huge fan of all the safety guards on tools, but a 12” blade spinning I guarded at right by your face every time you make a cut is asking for something stupid to happen.
· Like other tools, miter saw has different brands. Dewalt miter saw is one of the popular brands of miter saw available in the market. After ordering, you will get your miter saw. You have to assemble a little before using the machine. Miter saw has sharp blades. So needs careful handling. Any simple mistake can make big harm.
· Step 1: Inspect the Blade. If your crosscuts, miters, and bevels aren’t as tight as they should be, the culprit may be a bum blade. Or, the blade could merely be dirty. It’s the easiest place to start your investigation when learning how to calibrate …
Tighten blade tension if you can easily push the blade in more than 1/4-inch. If blade tension is okay, a dull saw blade could be causing the problem. If the saw blade is dull, you have to push the work piece with more force to move it through the cutting area. The extra force could push the saw blade off the wheel. Replace the saw blade if it …
The 10-Incher. One significant advantage 10-inch miter saws have over 12-inch models is that they typically spin faster. 12-inch models tend to spin slower because the blades have a larger radius. Say you have a 10-inch saw that spins at 5000 rpm like the DEWALT DW713. It will run at about the same speed as a 12-inch saw that spins at 4000 rpm.
Now use the miter saws hold-down clamp to clamp that board in place, leaving plenty board on either side of the blade. If you do not have a built-in hold-down clamp, you can either use a quick-clamp to hold the piece to the cut bed. Another option, which I would strongly suggest if you don’t already have one, is to build a miter saw workbench.
· First make sure the saw is off. Next remove the blade. This is done by loosening the screw mentioned above and sliding the plate up and out of the way so you can remove the screw that attaches the blade. This screw is threaded backwards. Once the blade is off you take the plastic guard and put the little spring on the inside of it in the center.
A power miter saw lends a professional touch to carpentry. It’s portable, sets up in minutes and folds into a convenient package that’s easy to handle. When you’re ready to use it, two different locks keep the saw safe and accurate; a lock in back controls the up and down movement of the blade.
· Let’s take a look at the most common band saw problems that people come across and some simple solutions for them. Blade Breakage. This can be caused by many different things such as incorrect blade tension, incorrect blade, excessive feed, wheel diameter that is too small for the blade being used, or the blade rubbing on the wheel flanges.
· Believe it or not, it’s the nature of a bandsaw to drift either left or right of being perfectly parallel with the bandsaw fence. It doesn’t have to do with the quality of a bandsaw. But it’s not necessarily the quality of the blade, either: if you swap the bandsaw blade with a new quality blade, the only thing that changes is the angle at which the blade drifts.