Read Time:2 Minute, 59 Second
Saw Palmetto Dosage For BPH. The limited studies of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) and saw palmetto , have typically used a dosage of 320mg per day. A reduction in associated urinary symptoms of BPH following saw palmetto supplementation may be more likely, compared to a reduction in the size of prostate – there is a need for large long …
· Generally, saw palmetto dosage is in recommended dose sizes of 160 to 320mg per day. Obviously if you’re the more sensitive or slender body type, you should be on the lower end. If you’re a bigger person, you should be on the higher end of the spectrum.
· Recommended Dosage. The general daily saw palmetto dosage ranges from 160–320 milligrams. This depends on your health condition, and it should be decided with the guidance of your health care provider. When using saw palmetto to treat BPH, the recommended dose is starting with 320 milligrams daily for four months.
· There is not enough scientific data to provide a recommended dose of saw palmetto. In studies evaluating the effect of saw palmetto on prostate surgery patients, a dose of 320 mg of saw palmetto extract was taken daily for two months before surgery. The appropriate dose for you may depend on factors including your age, gender, and medical …
Saw palmetto : You may take 300-500 mg once or twice a day. Ask U.S. doctors your own question and get educational, text answers — it’s anonymous and free! Doctors typically provide answers within 24 hours. Educational text answers on HealthTap are not intended for …
· Recommended dosage, active amounts, other details. While the active compound(s) are not yet known, it is known that they exist in what is known as the ‘liposterolic’ fraction of the fruits. If using saw palmetto choose a product that discloses the percentage of the supplement which is this fraction.
· The recommended dosage for Saw Palmetto extract is a 400mg capsule/day, or 1 tsp. liquid extract/day, post meal. Like most herbal treatments, saw palmetto takes time to show positive results. It can take up to 6 weeks before you see any improvements in your male pattern baldness and excess body hair.
Spotlight on Saw Palmetto: What the Science Says. Although several small studies have suggested modest benefit of saw palmetto for treating symptoms of BPH, a large study evaluating high doses of saw palmetto and a Cochrane review found that saw palmetto was not more effective than placebo for treatment of urinary symptoms related to BPH.
Therefore, there is no clear dosage for saw palmetto. What works for one woman might be too much or too little for another. However, most women have found that a dosage of 160 mg extract per day has a good effect. That is also the recommended dosage for those who are dealing with hirsutism.
· As researchers have not proven that saw palmetto prevents or treats hair loss, there is no official recommended dosage. An article in the Journal of Cutaneous and Aesthetic Surgery cites a recommended dosage of 160 mg twice daily in the form of tablets.