Read Time:3 Minute, 1 Second
· In this short video I will show you how I attached the Wood River LED magnifier to my DeWalt DW788 Scroll saw. I’ll show you the features of the product and give you my thoughts on it’s use. If you are looking for a magnifying lamp for your scroll saw this video might help you decide if this is the one for you.
· On-board storage allows for a place to keep scroll saw accessories and blades in the top bin, and the larger bin at the bottom can be used for cut-offs and scrap. The stand has a small footprint and is 25″ tall, but can be customized with risers to make the saw tilt forward to reduce neck strain.
Make my custom Scroll Saw Stand yourself using these woodworking plans! This stand is designed for the DeWalt DW788 saw, but you could adjust the plans to fit other saws.
Yes. For best performance, mount the saw on the DW7880 scroll saw stand. The next best thing is to mount it to a sturdy bench.
Eureka 4870 Ultra Smart Vac Vacuum Parts, Accessories, & Repair Schematics. Free Shipping Available – PartsWarehouse. DeWalt DW788 20 Vs Scroll Saw (Type 2) Parts and Accessories. Largest Selection, Best Prices, Free Shipping Available at PartsWarehouse.com.
· On my saw, I found the other end of that rod had come loose. After tightening the screw I solved about 99% of my vibration but I still went through and checked all the bearings and sleeves. Be sure to get some good synthetic grease. You can get a one pound can on Amazon for about $12 if I recall. I used a pipe cleaner to grease everything.
· Hi Steve: I am going to purchase the DW788 saw & wanted to know what pedal to buy & how one goes about hooking it up to the machine? Other than the light & stand, what else would you recommend buying in order to make this a complete scroll saw package??
· I was wondering if those of you using a DW788 have experienced this and if so what did you do to cure it? The explanation of how to fix it is a bit murky on Rick’s site so I thought I’d ask here. My saw is an old type 1 that I bought used. I have no idea how much it had been used prior to me getting it but I don’t think it had many miles on it.
· On 9/5/2021 at 8:16 AM, Raffy said: Dewalt Type 2 vs Type 1 scrollsaw DW788. The main difference is how the motor was made and designed. Type 2 or Type 1 refers to the motor type rather than the scrollsaw itself. Type 2 uses permanent magnets as stator as oppose to Type 1 which uses coils as stator in its motor.
· Hello SSV Friends, Those of you that are familiar with and do your own repairs and maintenance on DW788’s, I was hoping that I could get a complete list of all of the bearings and/or sleeves, etc that could possibly be needed when tearing down a …