Read Time:3 Minute, 5 Second
1. Install a plywood blade backward onto a circular saw. These include miter saws, chop saws, table saws and handheld circular saws. Mark the area to cut and slowly feed the blade into the siding.
Circular Saw Method. Implement a fine-toothed plywood-cutting blade in a circular saw. The most fluid cuts are done by putting the blade in backward. Be sure to wear safety goggles as you’re determining how to cut siding. Place a few vinyl siding strips on a level workbench.
Make crosscuts on vinyl siding using a circular saw, but you should install a vinyl-cutting blade to minimize chip out. You can also use tin snips to make crosscuts. Use tin snips or a rotary tool to make curved cuts. When making longitudinal cuts, score with a knife and break along the score line.
To cut the vinyl siding with a miter saw follow the steps below: 1. Place the plywood blade using the reverse side on your circular saw-like miter saws, cutting saws, table saws, and circular hand saws. 2. Draw a line on the siding where the cut will be made …
Circular saws are great when it comes to cutting vinyl siding because they cut cleanly and quickly in straight lines without leaving any frayed edges behind on the material. It is important to avoid such damage because, if not dealt with properly by resealing them before installation, frayed edges could lead to more damage later down the line.
· 13 Simple Vinyl Siding Installation Tips Vinyl Siding. Can you cut vinyl siding with a miter saw? Cut all the way to the first mark and remove the extra material, then cut to the second mark, then bend to create a tab. Source: www.pinterest.com. 8 x 12 vinyl standard shed white vinyl siding w white. 4.0 out of 5 stars. Source: www.pinterest.com
· How to Cut Vinyl J-Trim to go over the top of an opening – Like a window, door, vent or electrical penetration. Make sure you have the proper drip cap installed over top of your opening. Again in our area the inspectors like to see folded aluminum drip caps installed over opens with at least 1’ gap.
· One more use for a backwards circ saw blade: Vinyl siding. When cutting vinyl siding with a circular saw, install a fine-toothed blade backwards on the saw for a smoother, cleaner cut, especially in cold weather (when the material is brittle). Make the cut slowly.
Measure and cut pieces of 1-by-2-inch vinyl corner molding to trim the top, bottom and sides of the window in the opening. Cut 45-degree angles on the ends of the pieces with a miter box and …
· How to Install a Dryer Vent Through Vinyl Siding. Drill a 4¼-inch-diameter hole through the vinyl where you want to install the vent, using a bi-metal hole saw. Screw a vinyl surface mounting block to the exterior of your vinyl. Slide the vent cap through the hole. Run ducts from the back of your dryer to the vent location.