Read Time:2 Minute, 48 Second
· Make sure the ladder is near the branches you want to trim. Climb the ladder to get to the branches. Use a tree trimmer if you need to reach out into the branch to trim it. Not all branches have to trimmed close to the tree’s trunk. If it is a diseased limb, you usually can cut the limb about 12 inches below the diseased area.
· Tree branches may look tough, but be fragile. Sitting or standing on a branch of the tree you are cutting is never a good idea. Do not stay under a tree or branch that is being cut. If you are using a corded saw, you need to be careful with the wires. Make sure they do not tangle up or coil around the tree or branch.
· Electric stick saws are also available, which are excellent for reaching up and cutting high up branches. How to Cut Trees Using a Reciprocating Saw With the basics out of the way, let’s get to work and look at how to actually cut trees using a reciprocating saw, step by step.
Positioning Ladders for Cutting Trees. Trees sometimes need to be cut or trimmed for various reasons, including standard pruning, branch damage, thinning, to control size or because of disease.
A pole saw is best described as a pruning saw attached to the end of a pole. They’re great for trimming those hard-to-reach tree limbs and branches. Instead of using a ladder, consider getting yourself a nice pole saw. There are manual, electric, and gas-powered pole saws nowadays. A gas-powered pole saw is much like a chainsaw with an extension.
This combination chainsaw and pole saw is one of Worx’s best-selling power tools. Known as the WG323 PowerShare 2-in-1 Electric Pole Saw and Chainsaw, it is an excellent tool for eschewing the ladder when planning to cut off branches up to 12 feet high using the impressive 10″ bar and chain.
· Pole saw is an instrument with an extendable pole for cutting trees. It consists of an engine, a long drive rod and a saw resembling the chainsaw type, only a bit shorter. Thanks to such a design, pole saws are picked when a gardener needs to cut dry branches to maintain the systematic trimming of tall trees without using a ladder.
· The Samurai Ichiban GC-330-LH is a great saw for cutting tree branches and shrubs. It’s made from top-quality steel, features impulse hardened teeth and its lightweight design makes it easy to use. It does tend to bend a bit more than similar products, but overall it holds up well after repeated use over several seasons of use.