Read Time:3 Minute, 4 Second
· It may take 4 to 6 weeks for saw palmetto to have an effect. Does saw palmetto help with collagen production? When combined with hydrolyzed collagen and hyaluronic acid supplements, saw palmetto can work with the other supplements to improve skin and hair, and help increase collagen production as a result of blocking DHT .
How long does saw palmetto take to work? For the studies that showed benefits for hair loss saw palmetto was taken for two years, so to see the same benefits you’d need to do the same. These results were seen with 320mg per day every day. Similarly for prostate healthy the supplement would need to be taken long-term.
· How long will it take to get saw palmetto into my system? I will be transitioning from flomax (tamsulosin). What is proper way to handle the transition time? 2 doctor answers • 2 doctors weighed in. Was on .4mg flomax (tamsulosin) for bph. Stopping flomax (tamsulosin) and have started .320mg/day of saw palmetto.
· Saw palmetto may cause a number of side effects, including: Additionally, some men taking saw palmetto have reported erectile dysfunction, breast tenderness or enlargement, and changes in sexual desire. Although it hasn’t been well-demonstrated in humans, saw palmetto may influence levels of sex hormones, such as estrogen and testosterone.
I took saw palmetto for 2.5 years for hair loss (320mg extract daily) from 2014-2016. After the first week, I noticed that I had ED to porn for the first time. I went to my GP and he said stop all the supplements I …
· I read some saw palmetto horror stories on the web and i didn’t beleive it. I knew that PFS was very rare so i didn’t even consider that saw palmetto would ruin my life. I started taking SP extract 4 years ago. After 4 weeks i started getting terrible Testicular pain and lowered libido. At the time i didn’t connect the dots so i kept taking it.
· Does saw palmetto interact with any drugs? Do not take saw palmetto without medical advice if you are using any of the following medications: birth control pills or hormone replacement therapy; medicine to prevent blood clots –clopidogrel, dalteparin, enoxaparin, rivaroxaban, warfarin, Coumadin, Jantoven, and others; or.
Another take on this is, saw palmetto contains anti-androgen properties. Because of this property, this herb reduces the amount of DHT in your body. As DHT is a male hormone, it tries to suppress the breast growth. By lowering down the level of DHT, saw palmetto helps to increase breast size.
· Saw palmetto is known to have an antiestrogenic effect. Based on your drug list, it doesn’t appear that you are taking any sort of hormonal product however so this likely isn’t a concern. Additionally, there are known drug interactions between saw palmetto and the following: 5-Alpha Reductase Inhibitors. Propecia (finasteride) is a common …
· Results of estrogen incudcing herbs in pubescent teen (g) if a teenage girl (12-17) in puberty takes herbs (fenu greek, soy, saw palmetto, ect) to increase breast size, are the chances of ovarian/breast cancer high for her? if she stops taking the herbs,