Read Time:3 Minute, 10 Second
· Acceptable sizes vary by saw model but the following generally applies: Handheld circular saws accept smaller blades, those 4-1/2 inches to 7-1/4 inches in diameter. These are typically carbide-tipped. Tile saws use 7-inch or 10-inch diamond blades. Table saws and compound miter saws use blades 10 inches or 12 inches in diameter.
· The higher the diamond concentration, the larger the particles, and the evenly distributed saw blade is a good product. Look at the color of the blade. The normal granite saw blade has the natural color of iron. The color of the blade is preferably off-white. The inferior granite saw blade is dark because it contains more impurities.
· Circular Saw Blades Last Longer When You Use the Right One. Many circular saw blades are billed as the one to rule them all, but different blades are truly suited to different applications. Preserve the blade’s life and make it last longer by using it …
· Finishing blade only. 3. Diablo D0724P 7¼” Carbide Saw Blade – Best Value. Check Latest Price. The title of best circular saw blade for the money goes to another Freud Diablo product: the D0724P. This 7 ¼ -inch blade sells in a pack of two, letting you handle a big project load before you have to shop for another.
Combination Saw blades – The most common type of blades, these are designed to cut both rips and crosscuts. A combination blade allows one to cut in both directions, and come with a variety of tooth counts. Combination saw blades are great for circular saws that …
· Here are a few extra features to keep in mind besides the blade size. Most circular saw blades such as the 4.5 inch, 5 inch, and 7.25 inch come with carbide-tipped teeth. These are good enough for cutting wood and even some thin sheets of metal but they’re nothing compared to diamond-tipped blades. These are called specialty blades.
Diablo offers numerous saw blades that have a wide range of applications. You can find anything from general purpose saw blades to highly specialized and multipurpose ones. They have saw blades for circular saws, trim saws, table saws, miter saws, and low-RPM metal saws.
· The XRP blade (DT1209), however is no match for the Xtreme blade (DT10624-QZ) – on both saws it struggled to rip down 44mm thick C24 stuff in a single pass on a freshly charged 5Ah battery, whereas the Xtreme blade was a lot better. Both saws produced similar results with the DW saw being a tad faster as befits the tool with greater power.
Saw blades are ground to required thickness and to ensure uniform dimensions of the saw blade. Harris Sawing Equipment has the largest surface grinder for circular saw blades in Africa, up to 2,200 mm diameter. Polishing of blades up to 800 mm is also done on a fully automatic polishing machine.
But most saws will allow you to fix the smaller blades. (To read more about blades and their applications visit this article by us on best circular saw blades.) Conclusion. Circular Saws are incredibly useful tools that are very handy and easy to use. They are versatile and are equipped with a range of appropriate blades.